We have created this section for a better understanding of Hypergryd Project EU and all its members.
To do so, each week, one of the partners will answer some questions.
Let’s get started!
Our guest this week is Jorge Leao Pirocchi from IDP.
The role of IDP in the Hypergryd Project EU is: WP4 Coordinator.
But let Jorge Leao Pirocchi tell us about it!
1.What is the role IDP in Hypergryd Project EU?
IDP’s role in the HYPERGRYD project focuses on the development of the platform as a service based on:
- BIM-GIS: building information modeling with a geographic information system. That is, a digital form of construction and operations that combines technology, process improvements, and digital information to improve results, coupled with a computer system that analyzes and displays the information geographically.
- The integration of other tools/services, as well as heterogeneous data/information, across:
- ICT: an Information and Communication Technologies environment and,
- Open APIs: an application programming interface that allows two software programs to communicate with each other.
The aim is to achieve a smooth and efficient exchange of data and information.
2.How do you contribute to the Hypergryd Project EU with your work?
IDP is the leader of WP4, where the Information and Communication Technologies (ICT) platform architecture is defined and specified.
IDP also determined the access to the data requirements of the different HYPERGRYD stakeholders to define the relevant interfaces (how the stakeholders will see the information) to ensure that each stakeholder can access the required information without being overwhelmed by unnecessary information and functionalities.
In addition, IDP is developing an open-based building information modeling with a geographic information system (BIM-GIS) toolbox. It is a service to produce different District Heating and Cooling (DHC) configurations based on already modeled Building Information Modeling (BIM) libraries (or District Heating and Cooling (DHC) components within HYPERGRYD’s Live in Labs). This toolbox provides the user with a more visual platform, allowing for faster CAPEX (capital expenditures), OPEX (operational expenses), and energy performance system analysis.
3. Any tips for the public about your work?
The HYPERGRYD PaaS/SaaS (Platform/Software as a Service) allows having a unified platform for managing BIM-GIS models/projects (digital twins), monitoring data (e.g., from the Internet of Things (IoT) sensors), and integrating multiple services, heterogeneous datasets, and users between a single platform.
This “platform of platforms” provides a seamless transition between the different specialized platforms to monitor, analyze, and operate the whole system, from diverse aspects, and various life stages, through a single sign-on open platform.
You can subscribe to our Newsletter: https://hypergryd.eu/contact-us/
Hypergryd Project EU, hybrid energy grids for smart energy districts!